Friday 12 December 2014

Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas??

I would like to write about joy, happiness and whole that crazy spirit of Christmas but in my situation that is bit difficult. First time we are not going to Poland to calibrate with our families and friends, instead we are staying in Australia. I'm not want to tell that here we can't see preparation for Christmas but it's not familiar to me.
In Poland we have ( mostly) white Christmas, we cook warming up dishes, days are shorter so it's possible to see decorative lights everywhere. Whole that visible signs brings us/ me into that magical time. So, unfortunately nothing in Australia is like I used to know, that is why it's hard for me to wake up in the festive mood.
Christmas are around the corner and I was about to give up, I said 'That's it there will be no Christmas spirit this year' but after I've said it I've realised that is not about me! It's about my kids. They need whole that fuss, they need to remember every Christmas time us special! What will I tell them in few years? That mommy one year hadn't felt magic, so there was no Christmas? Well NO I can't do that. I realised that I need to show them that wherever we are Poland, Australia etc. we need to keep our tradition and we can add some new from the country we live in now and that will make our unique family custom. 

If I won't panic I still have enough time to bring festive mood into my house. Happily kids already have written letters to Santa, and put them us every year under the pillows so elfs could take them ( our family tradition:) )  - I can thick that. But what else will bring magic about Christmas? What I can do? Oh, I forgot to mention that we are going for holidays in Christmas time and going to sleep in a tent. That is real challeng for me I have to admit :)
This is what I've figured :
My to do list to bring magical spirit alive:
- bake gingerbreads
- decorat house with kids
- figure out Christmas tree ( we won't have normal one)
- cook one the most traditional polish dish for Christmas Eve ( normally we have 12)
- decorations for a tent ( maybe lights ? )
- sing polish carols
I heve one week so I better harry up :)



No comments:

Post a Comment